Sunday, February 19, 2012

Cliffs Of Dover Alto Sax Cover - Stover School PD Concert

Cliffs Of Dover Alto Sax Cover - Stover School PD Concert Tube. Duration : 2.92 Mins.


27th March 2009, I played Cliffs of Dover at our school's music/drama concert. I first heard the song on Guitar Hero 3, and thought it was great. I wondered how it would sound on sax, and ended up playing it. Notes - This is only half the song because there was a 3 minute time limit - and that semed the best place to finish... and add an improvised ending. There's a few mistakes, but I was expecting that due to nerves, but I'm very happy with how it turned out because that audience was the largest I'd played in front of. The sax was noticeably creaky in places :S For the sheet music I used the guitar sheet music and a chart I'd written to change them into sax notes (which I wrote down on a page as A, B, C# etc. and learned). Backing was from a CD - the backing track was from a website called guitarbackingtrack . com (I typed 'cliffs of dover backing' into Google). Hope you like it!

Keywords: cliffs, of, dover, eric, johnson, cover, alto, sax, school, concert

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.
This Web Site is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com